Open Source Audits in Merger and Acquisition Transactions
The Basics You Must Know
The software due diligence process is becoming a standard part of any merger or acquisition. During this process, it’s common to encounter open source software, which presents a set of verification challenges different from proprietary software.
Written by Ibrahim Haddad, Vice President of R&D, and the Head of the Open Source Group at Samsung Research America, this ebook provides an overview and practical guide to open source audits in merger and acquisition transactions, and offers basic guidelines to improve open source compliance preparedness.
You’ll learn about:
- Common open source usage scenarios
- When to commission an open source audit
- Common audit methods
- Open source compliance process
- Compliance-related best practices
Latest posts by The Linux Foundation (see all)
- Operator-Led Effort Hosted by Linux Foundation and GSMA publishes Initial Specifications for Common NFV Infrastructure, Empowered by LFN’s OVP Framework - September 23, 2019
- The Linux Foundation to Host Open Source Project for Drone Aviation Interoperability - September 18, 2019
- First Digital-Only Bank in China Joins Linux Foundation - September 17, 2019