Open Source AI: Projects, Insights, and Trends
The Linux Foundation surveyed 16 popular open source AI projects – looking in depth at their histories, codebases, and GitHub contributions. Our conclusion? Building the right community around your open source AI project is critical to its success. Here’s why:
- Incubators work. We identify several examples of projects that have benefited dramatically from joining an incubator.
- Community governance matters. Open source projects with more diverse contributor patterns last longer and are more likely to survive when a major contributor changes strategy.
- Consolidation is happening. We discuss several examples of projects that have halted, or may halt, development as contributors flock to other competing projects.
If you’re involved with open source AI, you’ll want to read this ebook. Download now to learn more about the most successful open source AI projects, and how to build your own community successfully.
Download the Full 100+ Page Ebook
- The Linux Foundation Brings Together IT and Finance Teams to Advance Cloud Financial Management and Education - June 29, 2020
- SODA Foundation Gains New Investments, Expands Charter to Address Increasing Need for Data Autonomy - June 29, 2020
- SPDX Specification Becomes the Second ISO/IEC JTC 1 Submission From JDF - June 29, 2020